Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Rock the Bells 2009 Lineup



Showing my support for the best hip-hop concert that never disappoints every year. Just some quick hits


- Nas and Jr. Gong promoting their new album? YEAH!!!!

- Slaughterhouse coming through after rocking Paid Dues out here? YEAH!!!!!

- You can't go wrong with seeing The Roots and Common, arguably two of the best performers in hip-hop (although the Roots are a clear No. 1)

- The REUNITED Reflection Eternal!!!! Back in '07, I got there right when Kweli finished up so I'm psyched to not only see him but Hi-Tek as well.

- La Coka Nostra/House of Pain should be dope. Mad respect for Everlast and DJ Lethal (despite that lil tiff with Eminem).

- I can already imagine people getting knocked the eff out when M.O.P. comes through and performs "Ante Up" or "How About Some Hardcore"

- I've never seen Big Boi or KRS-One live so I'm pumped to see them. I'm a big fan of Buckshot after seeing him perform out here with Kweli in '06 so that's a dope plus.

- WEST COAST REPRESENT! Some of L.A.'s finest will be in full effect in Evidence & Alchemist, Chali 2na.

- A personal highlight from last year, hearing Raekwon and Ghostface do "Daytona 500" over Dr. Dre's "Next Episode." I can only what the Chef will do with RZA in the building.

- You can't get any better hosts than Murs, KRS, the legenedary Pete Rock and the supreme freestyler Supernatural.


I wondered how they were gonna top last year's Native Tongue/Pharcyde reunion and this just may do it. Here's my story from last year's event. Let's hope Year 3 keeps the good times coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment