Monday, November 9, 2009

Electric Relaxation "Return of the Mack"



This right here is my favorite song ever. No matter where I am, I can listen to this and just feel good. If I'm on a long trip, its a perfect mood riser. And there's a great story behind it.

When I was in high school, I stayed at home during the summers and listened to the radio a lot. I kept hearing this song on the radio and it just made me wanna dance. I tried my best to find out what this was and I had no luck for 2-3 years.

In 2001, I went to Washington D.C. for a young leaders conference. On our way to Capitol Hill, I asked my group leader if he had ever heard the song before. The newest member of our group chimed in with the answer and that instantly broke the ice between us. We became close during the trip and we're still close to this very day. The Mark Morrison Connection 4 Ever from Boston to L.A.

Anyways, I love the song also because it's the ultimate confidence booster. No need to dissect it like I did "I Believe". It just makes smile and then when I discovered the extended 7 minute remix in 2004, I was in heaven. The piano break feels perfect. Can't say it enough. It's a great song.

As a bonus, here's a live version in a different key than the single. I love it, especially the breakdown at the end.




And another bonus: Here's two mashups of Return of the Mack with Shaggy "It Wasn't Me" and Clipse "When the Last Time"

No comments:

Post a Comment