Friday, November 27, 2009

Giving Thanks

So I'm spending the holiday in Dallas, TX, with my family and thinking about all that we went through this year, this trip was worth it. For those who don't know, my uncle passed away earlier this year and we all gathered in San Antonio to say goodbye. Since then, we've come together for my cousin's graduation and now Thanksgiving.

I almost didn't want to come. I figured we would be on standby to host it at our house because my cousin that usually hosts it just underwent surgery. Plus I knew we were trying to watch our spending after moving into the house last month. But as always, I'm glad I did.

Nothing is better than watching the Cowboys on Turkey Day - except when you're doing it in Big D when everything shuts down to watch it. Waiting in line for our rental car I counted three people wearing Cowboys gear and I felt like I was home. Next goal: Watch a game in the new Stadium.

This has been one of those years that really shook me physically and mentally. So let me just say I'm thankful for my health, thankful for God still being there when I've fallen away this year, and truly thankful for those people I call friends.

I'm really thankful for Twitter because in January when I started, I really didnt get it. But without it, this year would have been duller and I wouldn't have gotten to know people around the country/world who I've shared a lot with. I've gotten to meet some of them and it's been a great joy.

I'm thankful for anyone who has read my blog, commented on it or discussed it with me. Sharing views isn't easy but whether your feedback was positive or negative, I appreciate it.

Thank you to all. I'm not gonna turn all Alanis Morrisette and start thanking the intangibles but life really is about trying to be as grateful as we can. Hope everyone enjoyed their Turkey Day (Turkey and Chicken Wings on deck to-NIGHT!!)

1 comment:

  1. I want to see a Cowboys game in the new Stadium. I'm just deciding which kidney I'm going to sell.

    ReplyDelete