Monday, May 3, 2010

Inspiration: Joshua 1:9

It's an understatement to say that last week was a rough one. Work was heavier than usual and it makes me think about how difficult my Sunday night was a week ago. You know when you get off to a bad start and it sets the tone? That's how it felt.

At the office Tuesday, I read this book of Bible verses that my Mom got me for Christmas. I found this passage to give me a bit of hope in my decision of how to handle these difficult situations.

"Be strong and courageous, do not be terrified, do not be discouraged. For the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." - Joshua 1:9

For those who don't know, Joshua was the right hand man of Moses. He had a passion for serving God and the people of Israel. When Moses died, Joshua had to take over as leader and he was confident but still nervous about his next move. This was God's way of reminding him who was in control and that whatever he decided to, He was with him.

I stay in my comfort zone a lot. But in my life, I've left it and seen good things happen. Going places I never would've imagined, meeting people I never thought I'd meet. It's the reason I found this job and it's the reason I can take a chance at this phase of my life again.

I had to remind myself of that as I've gotten some great advice on what I should do lately. It's time to act now. It's time to trust my skills and most importantly trust God to guide me because I'm walking by faith soon.

Maybe someone reading this needs some encouragement. I'm with you. Let's encourage each other and hopefully we both make the decisions we need to make with confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment