Monday, May 10, 2010

Poetry Corner "Move"

(Sorry for the delay in posts peeps. Between a busy and emotional weekend, I haven't had much time to put some thoughts down. Especially when it comes to work.

This poem - the second I wrote in my first poetry binge in over a year - not just captures some of my personal conflict there, but also just with life in general. The last few months, I've talked a lot about my issues with being complacent and unsatisfied with my life's direction. This is my response to my blog about being complacent)

Move
EJB 4/21/10

Neutral is lonely
Sitting on the bench
Eyes dart back and forth
Watching everyone go around you
Waiting for that sign to make your move
But stuck
What am I waiting for?
Why am I here instead of there?
Go on, don’t be scared you eager fool
The world is waiting to see your move
A scared pawn
In a big world of change
Tell my feet, my legs, my mind
It’s time to Go, Go, Go Forth and Do
Don’t waste more time for your move
Let’s go, Let’s fly
Jump off comfort’s bridge
Leave that soft and easy feeling
Scared? So am I but remember this too
Faith is about proving and daring to move
And so I must
I must stop dreaming
I must start living, believing
Destiny’s waiting and so is your cool
Whatever I do, I must make my move


I love when I can write poems that have a unique form, theme and variation, rhyme scheme. This one means a lot to me just because of how long it's been since I've written one and it just speaks to my state right now.

Like Elvis once said, "A little less conversation, a little more action." Just need to take a leap off this mountain and trust that I'll land on my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment