Sunday, September 5, 2010

Four Seasons of Fantasy


That draft I feel might not be the weather getting cooler (although I woke up to 5 straight days of a thick blanket of fog). It might be from the 4 fantasy football drafts I've had the last two weeks, including TWO today.

I said to myself a few months ago that it's crazy that I bought a fantasy football magazine before I bought an NFL season preview. Even crazier considering I never did fantasy until the 2008 season and now i have FOUR teams. True to my life, any time I get involved in something, I dive full on into it like a fiend.

Two of my leagues are repeats and two are new with some peeps from Twitter. Here's the rosters.

ESPN League 1 (8-5 last year, just missed the playoffs)
QB - Aaron Rodgers
RB - Frank Gore, Joseph Addai, Beanie Wells
WR - Jeremy Maclin, Hakeem Nicks
TE - Vernon Davis
Defense - Ravens
K - Dan Carpenter (MIA)
Bench - Steve Breaston (AZ), Lee Evans (Buffalo), Toby Gerhart (Minnesota), Josh Cribbs, Heath Miller, Legedu Naanee (SD), Anthony Dixon (SF)

ESPN LEAGUE 2
QB - Tom Brady
RB - Maurice Jones Drew, Ryan Matthews
WR - Nicks, Mike Sims-Walker, Maclin
TE - Antonio Gates
Defense - Cowboys
K - Ryan Longwell (Minnesota)
Bench - Derrick Mason (Baltimore), Chester Taylor (Chi), Mike Williams (Sea), Kareem Huggins (Tampa), Jermaine Gresham (Cincy), Dixon, Toby G.

YAHOO LEAGUE 1 (Terrible Season that doesn't need to be repeated)
QB - Tony Romo
RB - Maurice Jones Drew, DeAngelo Williams
WR - Both Steve Smiths and Maclin and Donald Driver
TE - Brent Celek
Defense - Philadelphia
K - Rob Bironas (Tennessee)
Bench - Jerome Harrison (CLE), Dez Bryant, John Carlson (Sea), Breaston, Alex Smith, Toby G.

YAHOO LEAGUE 2
QB - Philip Rivers
RB - Ray Rice, J. Harrison
WR - Miles Austin, Pierre Garcon, Dez, Breaston
TE - V. Davis
Defense - NY Jets
K - Longwell
Bench - Willis McGahee, Dexter McCluster (Kansas City), Mike Williams, Fred Davis, Matt Moore (Car) , A. Gonzalez (Indy)

Some of my trends are obvious. I really like Jeremy Maclin of the hated Eagles and the Giants receivers. I took a big steal in Toby Gerhart, who I think will be a solid #2 to Adrian Peterson after watching him tear up the Pac-10 last year.

Weakest draft is obviously my last one. I stupidly drafted Miles Austin and Dez Bryant. I know Tony Romo's gonna have 4,000 yards passing this year for my Boys but I hate drafting two guys on the same team at that position. And my main ESPN one doesn't have a backup QB for now.

I'll try to keep everyone posted every Tuesday on how I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment