Monday, September 14, 2009

Feeling Good and Passing It Along

There’s nothing like a sudden rush you get when you do something you put your heart in. For me, it comes when I play a great basketball game, play a song on the piano that I love, or say something that has a deep impact on someone else.

That happened on Sunday when I preached a sermon in my church. I’ve done it on occassion since I was 17 (even did an Easter sermon in 2002) but since I’ve come back from San Diego, the last three that I’ve preached have come from a different place. A place of realizing the power of my voice and the impact to change lives for the greater good. It’s a rush getting up and sharing words that I put my heart into knowing that I’m not doing it for my glory.

Sunday was a sudden rush not because I love public speaking about something (except about me). It was a rush because of the value of inspiring people. That’s what I feel my calling is and you can kinda see that through this blog. I started it because I felt like I had something to say and I knew that people would listen to real thoughts.

I love telling stories and while I feel like preaching is not in my immediate future – we’re all called to share our story about our truths. I feel passionate about my faith and yet I’m open to discuss our differences if only to educate each other not judge on how wrong we are. God has a purpose for all of us and even if you don't believe in Him, you're meant to do more than just get by and go through the motions.

The funny thing is that I felt like this sermon didn’t feel as well prepared as the other two. I felt like the end tied everything together but it felt like God had to find a way to make it connect. But in the end, it turned out to be one of the most emotional messages I’ve done. Tears were shed, people congratulated me even today and said how much it inspired them.

Shows how much I know about planning and how much God wanted me to see his goodness.
But I’m just in awe really. I’m still enjoying the rush and I can’t take credit for it. All God through me. I write and I speak to inspire others and remind myself of things I’ve experienced – that’s the manifesto of E-TV and also my life. What a great way to start this birthday week off.

*edit – my sermon was about the tricks of the Devil and knowing what they are, based on 1 Peter 5:6-9 and Ephesians 6-11. Pride, Comfortability and Manipulation. If you want a copy of my notes, hit me up and I’ll email them to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment