Thursday, January 28, 2010

E-TV: One Year Later

So it's been over a year since I started this blog. I'm pretty happy with how its turned out so far - an outlet for me to show that I'm more than just a sports guy but I have a lot of interests in the world.

Saying that, I know sports was a huge theme this past year. I write a lot about it because it's probably my passion and maybe some readers might not like the overkill. Eh, so what. Between the Lakers winning the title, March Madness, the World Series, Dodgers baseball and various takes on issues I love, it's been rewarding to develop my love of sports and show that I'm not just an average sports fan. I listen to takes from other people and try to come up with my own.

I also talked a lot about music. I did Electric Relaxation posts to fill you in on some of my favorite songs/albums I'm enjoying and I'm gonna keep doing that this year. I can already see me doing a post on Radiohead cause I said this will be the year I finally buy an album.

The big thing about E-TV is that I'll never let it be a one-trick pony. If you follow me on Twitter, you know I have a lot of interests and they're going to be discussed on here at length. I'm always looking for something new to talk about or something in society will make me speak up.

But more than anything, I'm grateful for the chance to let something break the monotony of work. All I can say is I can't wait to see what 2010 holds. I'm gonna try to do more posts so you'll being seeing more of me - that's a challenge to myself.

An early goal is to do some great Black History Month posts. I already have an idea to do one on my hero James Baldwin and another hero Curt Flood. Hopefully I can do more poetry on here. I haven't written in years but I have plenty of older poems you would like. Maybe I'll do a spotlight on some other great blogs to read via friends/acquaintances.

Keep tuning in and thanks for watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment